Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
slow forum
I'm going to write all my pseudo-code in LOLspeak LOLcode.
-
Deals
Hey, Stephen, did you see today's Uneetee? Orange and penguin + astronaut == made me think of you. Alright, not the astronaut part.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Maazel was fine, moving on to Jarvi's Berlioz (Symphonie Fantastique). I'm beginning to think the clicks might be specific to some players, so maybe one should mention what player they're using when they hear the clicks. And if any of them are repeatable, state the specifics. Here's my Telarc collection (or a subset): SACD-60578 Jarvi Berlioz SACD-60598 LAGQ Guitar Heroes SACD-60601 Jarvi Ravel SACD-60615 Jarvi Stravinsky/Nielsen SACD-60623 van Alphen Grieg Dvorak Elgar SACD-60624 Mozart Flute Concertos/"Jupiter" Symphony 2SACD-60628 Mahler Lieder/Symphony No. 1 Zander SACD-60636 Runnicles Mozart Requiem SACD-60647 LAGQ Spin SACD-60655 Slatkin Bizet/Grieg/Rimsky-Korsakov/Satie/Borodin SACD-60670 Jarvi Rach Symph. No. 2/Dances... SACD-60681 Jarvi Tchaikovsky SACD-63558 Hiromi Another Mind (+ everything else she's done) SACD-63576 McCoy Tyner - Land of Giants CD-83469-SA Monty Alexander - Stir It Up + the ones I've listened to recently.
-
Darkest Desires
Thanks for that, the only ones I've tried so far are Crimson and Crimson II. atothex -- yeah, that's why I specified their first album. Their second I love, but for entirely different reasons (and out of nowhere -- synthpop!). It's not tech death. And yeah, I understand "oddball" -- that's exactly what I love about it.
-
What did you do today?
Demo'd this week's version of the software I've been working on. Went well, was refreshingly not "by the skin of my teeth" (I had it done last night).
-
Darkest Desires
Really? You mean, besides the first Cynic album, or don't you like that one? I'm with you on not finding enough of it that I like. And yeah, if you find stuff you like, definitely post about it, because I have to admit, I've been going through longer and longer phases of not playing death entirely because of the vocals. I even got tired of Gojira, mostly because of the lyrics. I should say, I really liked Aardvark Baguette's recommendation of Edge of Sanity. That was fun. It's appreciated that they threw in some keyboards in there. I can't even think of anything else I listened to recently that's worthy of mention in this thread. I have been revisiting some older stuff: Therion, Sabbath (entire catalog, not just Ozzy and Dio stuff), Nightwish, Epica, Gathering, Swallow the Sun.
-
slow forum
Yeah, I forget that there probably is a lag between his actual death and when the doctor calls it. Creepier than a Kansas bug.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Is this something akin to "play him off, keyboard cat"? It's like you're speaking a different language.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Bagel and cream cheese (chives & onions variety) -- first one I had in over a week. Tasty.
-
Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC
Re: Ayre QB-9 -- the review in Stereophile made me want to give it a serious listen.
-
slow forum
(wanders off, fact checks) 2:26 local time -- that's PST -- so ahead by about 1:24. Creepy.
-
WTF is this? Nightmare Bug?
Corydalus cornutus Hmph. "...that's some good eatin'."
-
Michael Jackson RIP
That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure it wasn't a colloquialism I was unfamiliar with.
-
Group Build: Dynafet
It does? (Hint: moar nao oar bahn.)
-
What did you do today?
And here I was thinking Frontal Lobotomy. Here's to hoping they got it all out! (We make fun of ya, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.)
- Michael Jackson RIP
-
Oh boy... :rolleyes another XXX$ usb cable...
And then there are people who are foolishly going to buy these things and expect it to meet spec because it says it's a USB cable, and find out otherwise. It's for their protection. Just as one would have potential buyers of crap amps protected by simply knowing the crap amp builders.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Lang Lang was fine, moving on to Maazel, Shostakovich No. 5, Tchaikovsky Romeo & Juliet & Fantasy Overture (Telarc SACD).
-
Zeuhl and related
FIFY...I think. I had to change all the image names from t... to s... but I logged in to rateyourmusic to see for myself, so someone who's not logged in should verify whether or not they can see the images.
-
Oh boy... :rolleyes another XXX$ usb cable...
Head-Case -- calling bullshit on bullshit since 2006.
-
Oh boy... :rolleyes another XXX$ usb cable...
Or maybe he has.
-
The Headcase Stax thread
Just got a link to this in my email today. US$700.
-
Zeuhl and related
I thought rate-your-music didn't like image-sharing.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
The Mahler was fine (no clicks that I heard), moving on to: Lang Lang, Live at Seiji Ozawa Hall, Tanglewood, Telarc SACD
-
Post the last thing you bought!
How so?