Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
I must be crazy. Any advice?
Well, not so much a misconception so much as not guaranteed to be an upgrade. The AudioEngine is already a pretty damn good value. See here for example.
-
AKG HD series
Apparently on July 1, Amazon started selling some new AKG phones. I have no idea how new, but I just noticed the ad for it for the first time. I find the 172 and 272 (both closed back) the most interesting myself, but I'm sure Fitz will get them all and tell us how they are.
-
I must be crazy. Any advice?
The M-00's aren't guaranteed to be better. I'd stick with what you got and like.
-
Your recent music purchases
New Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack and...something else off my wishlist (to fulfill the $25 free shipping minimum)...probably a manga.
-
Places I'd rather be than work
I actually like my job.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
previewing the new Porcupine Tree from MySpace
- Porcupine Tree - The Incident
-
Grado HF-2 Impressions Thread
The Grado HF-2 is the first Grado that was good enough that I find myself not caring about the comfort issue. And that's saying a lot. I usually find Grado's terribly uncomfortable.
-
New Tech products
Destined to replace Drobo?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
No worries, there are others of us whose tastes needed ...acquiring.
- Multichannel Amp recommendations?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Peter Gabariel, Up, SACD ...again. Goddamn, I love this album. NP: "Sky Blue"
-
Now this is disturbing
There's something wrong with the lot of you whose first thoughts went in this direction. My dick ain't goin' anywhere near that.
-
slow forum
She needs Darwin's law imposed on her.
-
power cord suggstions?
Yeah, I figured it might be something like "a/c is easier to work with".
- slow forum
-
power cord suggstions?
Exists, I forget the name of the company though. I distinctly remember a pic from a trade show where it looked like you had to wade through car batteries, they had that many. But I didn't think they had implemented it perfectly -- they used it to generate A/C, and then you know 90% of the internal power supplies converted it back to DC -- why didn't they just run it at DC to begin with? Strikes me as more efficient, though I could be wrong.
-
JH Audio stuffs
No, no birdshit.
-
Ayre USB DAC
No worse than iTunes.
- Omega II or HD800
-
What music phase are you in now?
Prog and prog/metal phase: Cynic, Demians, Maserati, looking forward to the new porcupine tree, been actually enjoying the new Dream Theater, etc.
-
slow forum
I'm not sure I wanna finish watching that video.
-
Ayre USB DAC
I remember seeing a 24/192 USB recently...forget where, unfortunately...recent issue of Absolute Sound, which had a thing on USB DACs? Will look later.
-
HD800? Another rumor?
I have a friend who had the same problem when he heard that Kronos Quartet and Tom Waits played together (they did, but "...at the same festival", not actually at the same time). And I don't think you want to lock anyone alone in a room with Bob Mould.
-
Grado HF-2 Impressions Thread
Alright, here's my Grado HF-2 impression: (ahem) Hey, look, I'm a Grado HF-2! End of impression.