Dusty Chalk
Moderators
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: What are you listening to Part the Third
Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
What are you listening to Part Two
"Less good", I prefer to say, since I still enjoy it. The Brazilian, Tonight Tonight Tonight, Domino (pts. 1 & 2) are all great songs, and I even enjoy Land of Confusion. Me: Beethoven 7, Fischer, SACD
-
Post the last thing you bought!
The only reason I thought that was because of the pic. (points in lower right corner):
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
Dusty translate: WANT NAO. Needz moar blak, tho. Those two silver slivers will catch the eye of "the man", if you know what I mean.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Which set? I see that Kondrashin has several, one of which appears to be DSD mastered? Or are they actual SACD's? Never mind, will go look it up. I need more Shostakovich.
-
Deals
Too bad he replaced those woofers with orange juicers. I wonder what that sounds like.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Wispelwey/Lazic, Brahms sonatas for piano and cello, on Channel Classics SACD, to be followed by: Wispelwey, Dvorak concerto for cello and orchestra, on Channel Classics SACD
-
JH Audio stuffs
Or perhaps patience.
-
Mobile Phone-like Device
These two statements seem mutually contradictory. If you're going to keep the iTouch for all the data services and apps, I'm thinking you need a dumb phone. Maybe a camera. The point being, most smart phones will require a data plan. Unless what that means to you is, "so the question becomes, what smart phone has the cheapest data plan"?
-
Electrostat Battle Royale
I really can't.
-
Omega II or HD800
What a waste of meatloaf.
-
Playing High Resolution Audio Files Through a Mac?
Dude, hardly anyone does DSD, that's a niche market, and hardly a good representation of the industry. And if you think my statement was an over-reaction, then it's because I made the same mistake you did -- I insufficiently qualified my statement. The way I read it, it sounded like you were saying ProTools was exclusively PC, which it isn't. So I stand by, "incorrect". What annoys me is not the anti-Mac reaction, but the fact that you feel that stating something more loudly makes you moar right -- it doesn't, it just makes you sound moar wrong. I'm sure if my opinion of you went down a notch, others' did, too.
-
What did you do today?
I don't have a Mac. Ha-ha.
-
HD800 Impressions
Uh, so let me get this straight -- you thought the day would come where you wouldn't be able to listen to them any more, so you pre-empted that day by making it show up earlier?
-
slow forum
I'm sure you could get someone to build you one -- the schematics are out there.
-
slow forum
You know they'd prefer cash.
-
Playing High Resolution Audio Files Through a Mac?
That's probably because the guys who use Macs are actually working rather than wasting time posting. And I'm sure by "alternative", Hopstretch meant BeOS.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
from Adagio Teas: Sencha Premier (sampler, because I basically only need a flourish per steeping) Assams Melody and Harmony -- 6/8 oz. containers white tea sampler decaf ceylon sampler
-
Deals
Doesn't even play SACD -- pass!
-
Playing High Resolution Audio Files Through a Mac?
Incorrect. If you're going to correct someone, at least be correct in your correction. It undermines your overall believability if you start posting falsehoods, whether purposefully or otherwise. It may not be the "default" operating system, but it has a very real, non-trivial foothold in the pro industry. Much more so than in muggle-land.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Berlioz, L'enfance du Christ, LSO Live SACD
-
What did you do today?
But if he says "yes" now, then he'll still pass. Have you ever stolen anything from work? Yes. Have you ever lied to your boss? Yes. See? It works.
-
JH Audio stuffs
I really like my glasses case -- something like that except smaller would work. Perhaps a case for reading glasses?
-
slow forum
Sunn O))) use Sunn amplification? Who'd-a thunk it. And LOL @ the rug.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Swallow the Sun, Plague of Butterflies -- jesus christ, this is heavy, almost shape of despair heavy, but with a little more variety. I was just stuck in traffic for over an hour, and instead of listening to the whole album once, at the end of the first >30 minute title track, I just started it over. Cannot fucking wait for New Moon.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Aw, dude, you didn't see the daily deal on DeepDiscount? I almost posted that one.