Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Chalk

Moderators

Everything posted by Dusty Chalk

  1. Dusty Chalk replied to Torpedo's topic in Music
    Oh, and I can't let this thread pass without mentioning the Chainsuck tune of the same name. Very good and very catchy. RIYL alterna-poprock of the Garbage, Curve, Kidneythieves, et al. style.
  2. Odd and the Frost Giants (actually, I just finished it) -- quite good.
  3. Yeah, I'm looking for a cheap preamp, myself. I'll probably be getting a Musical Fidelity X-CAN v8p until I can get the Conrad-Johnson of my dreams. They also had a small form factor pre with multiple inputs, whose name I cannot remember. Used, I'd look into just about anything from the Musical Fidelity lines: A3.2, A308, A5, Nu-Vista, etc. The A3^CR is very good (I owned it for a while), but the A3.2 is supposed to be just a tiny bit better. I'd also look into used Conrad-Johnsons.
  4. Dusty Chalk replied to Torpedo's topic in Music
    Back in the 80's, I found two extreme examples that seemed to affect my driving. Keep in mind that I listened to things like Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult. Tones on Tail -- made me crankier, more aggressive, more pissed off when someone was aggressive towards me. Split Enz -- made me laid back, enjoy life, soak up the tunes, and let other people pass me without getting me down whatsoever. So: Split Enz especially what I would consider the golden Neil & Tim Finn years -- True Colours, Waiata/Corroboree, Time & Tide, and Conflicting Emotions.
  5. Really sorry to hear about your dad, but if they can bring him back, $400 seems worth it to me. Unless, of course, he's a zombie. But maybe you could teach him frisbee or something, I don't know, I guess it depends on your relationship with your dad.
  6. It's not a watch!
  7. Look, the OP said he wasn't interested, it's not really up for discussion. Sounds just like those "what kind of desktop speakers should I get for my computer"/"you need a DAC" threads.
  8. Mini-meet? I could come up if it's on a weekend. Justin -- we could carpool, if it was convenient for everyone involved.
  9. Was the pickup being held in by plastic ties? Because we probably could have warned you, that wasn't a good idea.
  10. On the bright side, no-one would believe that that little thing was worth (MSRP) US$2K. They'd still want to steal it, they just wouldn't know what it is they'd be stealing.
  11. Seriously considering Sony Signature P (no relation). Any recommendations of getting this vs. getting this and just upgrading it? Or doing similarly with another laptop?
  12. That's awesome, Mike.
  13. I need awesome commercial-looking photos of my kitties. If that were in a magazine, I'd stop turning the pages long enough to find out what they're selling.
  14. We actually have a Squeaky in our neighborhood, and for the exact same reason -- she seems to have lost her voice, and squeaks on those few occasions that she has something to say. But she's a huntress that kills, so has no need to communicate most of the time. (PS I love that cat. I'd take her in, but (a) she already has an owner, and ( I'd be afraid for my other kitties.) Rorschach? Sounds like a male name, so not that serious a suggestion, but her colorings remind me of a Rorschach test (and therefore of Rorschach's mask). Vicki? (Meant with all respect, of course.)
  15. Riverside, ADHD -- I dig this album more and more with every listen. You know how you like some albums because they're making exactly the kind of music you would make if you could get in your head to (waves hands around) out here, and there are others that you like because they surprise you, because you'd never think to do something that they do? This falls into the latter category for me. Respect.
  16. Yes, that just sounds cool beyond words. I hope it works just as you imagine it does.
  17. Pfff. You're on your own, dude. I was just thinking out loud in the hypothetical, as it were. Oh, and that idea about the black-on-black except when the lights go out is pretty slammin'. I'd love to hear how that works out (as I suspect it'll be very hard to photograph).
  18. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
  19. Mind melt. Or...do you remember that scene in Green Mile, when he didn't wet the sponge?
  20. Duggeh's idea is fab -- but it's his, I can't take it. I don't really have a single image that I associate with me. I think the smiling moose would be too hard.
  21. I am already familiar with the Bell & Ross Phantom, and it's completely out of my price league, so no worries. Erm..."cousin"...what? I might need to know about its cousin.
  22. Well, it'll be quiet for everyone who has JH13s in, that's for sure. Maybe you lot should learn sign language. Or are you just going to text each other, so that you don't have to take 'em out?
  23. Well, they had to write proprietary drivers, because USB doesn't handle 192kHz on its own. OTOH, since they have written proprietary drivers, they can do things like make it asynchronous. Unfortunately, like stretch, I saw nothing on the website that says, one way or the other.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.