Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
slow forum
- What are you listening to Part Two
Thanks for that short description, I had stopped keeping track of Transatlantic, but now I'll at least give them a listen. (I did like the most recent Dream Theater album, however.)- Joss Whedon's Dollhouse
I did, I could definitely watch that show. Very smartly written. Shoutouts to two previous Whedon shows, an indie band, the Harry Potter, Saw, and Underworld franchises, all in like the first three minutes. Plus, Nathan Fillion being terribly charismatic. Oh, and Firefly fucking rocked.- Post the last thing you bought!
Yeah, I'm only up to page 333 here, myself.- OPPO BDP-83
Fair enough. I said, "whatever" to exactly capture that group of people who may not technically be associated with the merchant or member of the trade -- or more importantly, they may not get anything out of it, financially or free gear-wise -- but might still be privvy to inside information somehow. So, sorry if I made it sound like that wasn't still possibly the case.- Top Gear
I think it's from a play. A play called, "Top Gear: The Musical".- slow forum
Consumable groceries...Edible snacks...inflatable balloons...- Joss Whedon's Dollhouse
Not likely -- 11 episodes already in the can, executives basing their decisions on that as well as trend extrapolated from extant numbers. It doesn't even have the following that Firefly did.- The Menace
I've got two words for you, Mike: doppler effect.- Joss Whedon's Dollhouse
I'm with Nate -- they killed it with the time slot, and I'll have to admit to not being as in tune with it this season as with last. Here's to hoping the rest of the season makes it to DVD/Blu-Ray, at least.- Digital Inputs
USB because it's there.- Speaker Porn
- The Menace
You know, instead of selling it to your broker, why don't you just sell it directly to someone who will appreciate it?- What are you listening to Part Two
Epic gibberish?- Team Audio-Technica Unite!
You crack me up.- What are you listening to Part Two
I'd have to give it more time before I decided for certain. OWU,WAYN? has had the distinct advantage of going into "religious rotation" for a while, whereas Fantasies is still completely new. I have no idea what's wrong with LIO for me, but I just don't get it.- General DAC Questions/Tech Thread
Look -- it even needs breakout cables just to get 8 DisplayPort connectors out of it (one slot card)!- digital or analog cable more important?
I believe older Parasound and CEC transports have BNC outputs, but I honestly can't think of any soundcards that have BNC anything.- slow forum
She looks like a barbie doll in this one: I fully expect that were she ever to break her arm or leg, instead of a bone protruding from flesh, there would be wire protruding from foam rubber. The girl needs to eat.- OPPO BDP-83
Could've...should've...didn't. EDIT: ss -- so what it sounds like is that they use the same boards, but they populate them themselves?- Happy Veterans Day
Salut! (No, not "salute" -- I'm a civvy.) (Alright, I'm really screwing this up -- I think that's sake.)- OPPO BDP-83
Well, for the record, (a) you can't take down your post, ( we have no problem with merchants, members of the trade, or even people associated with merchants or members of the trade posting in here, as long as they are up front about it. I mean, we have to get our information from somewhere, and this is...well, it's not exactly the information we're curious about, we'd be really most curious as to the technical details of exactly the changes made to the analog output stage, but it's certainly a step in the right direction. So why don't you just come clean now and tell us who you are, and how you're associated with Oppo, Nuforce, or whomever, directly or indirectly. Thanks! EDIT: Never mind, it looks like you were just parroting Neuromancer from AVSForum, who is probably the merchant, member of the trade, or whatever. All the same, thanks for the info. Next time feel free to link right away, it'll save you some grief. E.G.: Source I do find the part about an upgrade path interesting, although I'll probably just get a second one for the office. I'll probably get the Oppo SE rather than the Nuforce SE, since they're both competing upgrading the analog output stage, and I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling that spending more will get me more, since I'm already getting a lot with the non-SE version.- Ye Macce Threade
Well, no, that doesn't explain the lack of Power Mac support, WTF is up with that?- What are you listening to Part Two
Metric, Fantasies -- I like this better than Live it Out, but not as much as Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?- Ye Macce Threade
Once more, with feeling: - What are you listening to Part Two
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.