Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Chalk

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dusty Chalk

  1. Uh, no, TMI.
  2. Sometimes. So far, nothing constructive: fed the cats, got an allergy shot, gas, some groceries, my woot robot from the post office (didn't know what it was, but it said "delivery confirmation", which I misunderstood as "signature required", so I thought it was important, otherwise I would've waited until the next time I went). Just got in to work.
  3. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Okay, now see, that makes moar sense.
  4. Dusty Chalk replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Off Topic
    I'll second: Days of Heaven Wings of Desire Post-It Notes of Lust* In the Mood for Love *Okay, not really.
  5. I think you should try all four and tell us if you can hear the difference. Use glass for the toslink -- you don't need to get expensive glass, but you do need to be especially careful with it.
  6. Dusty Chalk replied to Dusty Chalk's topic in Off Topic
    Anything by Kurosawa or Terry Gilliam would be recommended by me as well, thanks for the link. I certainly like the color layout, and the carbon fiber (-ish?) face, but am unfamiliar with Oris. And since I'm not in the market for watches that aren't Nixon (yes, I've become a complete fanboy), can't be bothered to do the necessary research. I emailed them a couple weeks ago asking if there was a difference between the men's 42-20 and the women's, since the women's had some color schemes that I liked. They responded by adding those to the men's side.
  7. Awesome. So are you no longer "aimless", or is that more of a philosophical name?
  8. Dusty Chalk replied to Smeggy's topic in Headphones
    Orthodynamics are amp-hungry, you have at least one really good amp? In which case, yes, go for it, completely worth it.
  9. Recently learned that RCA is physically impossible to meet spec, so, one of the other two. I suspect XLR, but haven't had any problems with Toslink that others seem to have.
  10. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    ...but that's what they look like:
  11. Smoke signals, because my music collection is currently in the hands of apache indians.
  12. That. And also, any variations in manufacturing get "averaged" out.* *Yes, actually, that's "distortion", but I thought I'd just get more specific in one instance. Also, the psychology -- more drivers == more imposing == mas machos. And certainly one good driver, done well, is a magnificent thing. It's just a matter of taste.
  13. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oFP_TH8jYY
  14. I'm in this year, can play anything except minidisks and HD-DVD's*, and I boycott that stupid DualDisk thing; prefer XL t-shirts (any color, really -- that whole "all black" thing is largely posturing). I got no problem with international shipping. What's the target price, 18-25 like over there? I think we should all agree to stay near that, so that those of us who do don't feel bad when we receive something that's too generous. Those of you who are personal friends in real life can feel free to violate that rule (yes yes, I know -- with Dan, that's pretty much everybody). *and yes, that includes laserdisks.
  15. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
  16. Thanks for that short description, I had stopped keeping track of Transatlantic, but now I'll at least give them a listen. (I did like the most recent Dream Theater album, however.)
  17. I did, I could definitely watch that show. Very smartly written. Shoutouts to two previous Whedon shows, an indie band, the Harry Potter, Saw, and Underworld franchises, all in like the first three minutes. Plus, Nathan Fillion being terribly charismatic. Oh, and Firefly fucking rocked.
  18. Yeah, I'm only up to page 333 here, myself.
  19. Fair enough. I said, "whatever" to exactly capture that group of people who may not technically be associated with the merchant or member of the trade -- or more importantly, they may not get anything out of it, financially or free gear-wise -- but might still be privvy to inside information somehow. So, sorry if I made it sound like that wasn't still possibly the case.
  20. Dusty Chalk replied to Edwood's topic in TV
    I think it's from a play. A play called, "Top Gear: The Musical".
  21. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Consumable groceries...Edible snacks...inflatable balloons...
  22. Not likely -- 11 episodes already in the can, executives basing their decisions on that as well as trend extrapolated from extant numbers. It doesn't even have the following that Firefly did.
  23. I've got two words for you, Mike: doppler effect.
  24. I'm with Nate -- they killed it with the time slot, and I'll have to admit to not being as in tune with it this season as with last. Here's to hoping the rest of the season makes it to DVD/Blu-Ray, at least.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.