Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Chalk

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dusty Chalk

  1. I just recently got myself this: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1657652-REG/asus_16_vivobook_pro_m7600qe_xb99.html 32G, AMD Ryzen 9, high-res OLED display albeit non-touch, under $2K. I waited forever for it, though (well, 6 months, but with today's technology, that's eternal). They also have lower end models.
  2. Seems like that would frustrate chocoholics -- to have that much chocolate on display, and not be allowed to eat it. I would make it an installation, like a moose-shaped chocolate fountain or something. And allow eating, but in a controlled, food-safe manner. And yes, dark chocolate over milk chocolate.
  3. > ...made of 1700 pounds of fine grade milk chocolate...
  4. I couldn't find a reasonably sized 100% grass-fed brisket, but I did find an extra-thick (2.5 cm?) London Broil. Embedded about 42 garlic spikes (it looked like a porcupine or graph paper), encrusted it with pepper (black, white, and pink), other spices, and herbs, let sit for 24 hours or so, then cooked at the lowest setting (225-ish) for about 45 minutes, wrapped in baking parchment and tin foil to keep in the moisture, and it came out super delicious and perfect. Is making about 7 meals. Definitely doing this again.
  5. Happy birthday! (party favour noise)
  6. Feel good music Antonio, this is fusion, albeit pretty easy listening, you might like: T-Square 2022 and 2021 albums, Wish and Fly! Fly! Fly!
  7. They were robbed. They should've at least made the top 10.
  8. Happy belated birthday! (party favour noise)
  9. Been on a stoner kick: Jess and the Ancient Ones Graveyard Church of the Cosmic Skull
  10. Great album! I discovered it by accident -- they were playing it at Borders and I was immediately smitten. I was informed of the Tricky connection when I asked what the album was, but was already sold.
  11. RIP random murder victim from the 80's, probably. https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/body-found-in-lake-mead-as-water-levels-continue-to-drop/1181911
  12. Huzzah for voidfloofs (that's what I call my black cats)!
  13. FFR, he has a couple tracks shorter than 28 minutes (admittedly, most are on the order of 28-30 minutes) worth spinning: Stardancer (13:38) Blanche (11:44) Star Dancer II (14:10) Moogetique (13:10) Weird Caravan (5:05) The Looper isn't a Hooker (8:17) I mean, I'm sure there are others, those are just the ones I know off-hand, and consider worth checking out. They vary from pure ambient, to "beaty". And I was just telling someone elsewhere that I consider "Nowhere Now Here" the definitive Klaus Schulze track. You could always fade it in just before it gets beaty, and start fading it out as soon as it climaxes (it's basically a long build and gets progressively rockier as the track progresses). That would cut it down to maybe 20 minutes, I think. 🤣
  14. I just made the most delicious Stroganoff I ever made in my entire life, and I am pretty sure it's ~50% plant based: Not plant-based: 1 lb. beef Plant-based: grilled onions (grilled to Maillard Reaction/partially caramelized perfection!) grilled mushrooms Sesame oil sesame seeds, both black and white chives oregano thyme?...maybe parsley, don't remember freshly ground black peppercorns freshly ground white peppercorns freshly ground pink peppercorns mushroom seasoning vegan Worcestershire vegetarian oyster mushroom sauce almond flour dairy-free sour cream garlic
  15. Dusty does not hate jazz. Happy (belated) International Jazz Day, fans of the genre! I'm listening to this right now: My girl, Hiromi, will be on there later.
  16. I was pretty sure Kikik (kitten) was going to eviscerate Bobby (senior), but she didn't.
  17. Finished School Nurse Files -- short (6 episodes), weird (there's a lot of forced laughter, and demented smiles, and sometimes everyone seems to have those images on their phone cases), enjoyed.
  18. And they also have this gorgeous, much less flamboyant, hand-dancing video that is just sublime:
  19. New Somali Yacht Club -- shoegaze-y stoner New Spiritualized -- psych/art rock
  20. Blue Man Group w/Venus Hum do a great cover of it, and it's always a highlight every time I've seen them live. Bronski Beat also do a cover.
  21. I went down an 80's rabbit hole. It surprised me which albums had the most tracks I loved: Simple Minds New Gold Dream (81/82/83/84), but not Sparkle in the Rain Joe Jackson Beat Crazy but not any of the others Ultravox Vienna (not surprised) Yello One Second and Stella (not surprised) Red Guitars Slow to Fade Wire The Ideal Copy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.