Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
slow forum
That toilet snorkel is really bothering me. Sure, you don't die from smoke inhalation, but you could die from bulimia instead.
-
Katie Melua- Pictures
Favourite tracks (finally got my haunted finger from skipping back to track two) are: It's All In My Head, Dirty Dice, and In My Secret Life (kind of Mark Knopfler/Dires Straits-y)
-
Demonoid's down
Try actually listening to and/or watching everything you download. I know when I first got a high bandwidth connection, I got so carried away with downloading, that I forgot to actually listen to anything.
-
Katie Melua- Pictures
(copied from the "What are you Listening to Now?" thread) No, it's not that...I mean, don't get me wrong, she has a nice voice, but I tend to like abnormal voices (the girly-girl voices of the singers of Jakalope and Halou come to mind) in terms of timbre. No, for me, anyway, it's something about the songwriting. No, she kind of hits me in the same place that Chris Isaak does (except female, of course). I can't seem to get past "It's All In My Head" -- is the rest of the album good?
-
slow forum
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=549P2XRImUc]Lionel Richie sings Hello[/ame] Helium makes pretty much everything funnier.
-
slow forum
[sarcasm]Oh, so now we have another expert?!?!?[/sarcasm]
-
What are the purtiest headphones ever?
Hmmm...that's odd, when I went a-googling a while ago, I got the impression the black was going to be Japan only, but then I saw that there was a slight difference. I can't duplicate the search right now (don't remember the exact search), but one of them wasn't as black as the other -- one of them either had non-black pads or covers or something.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Or not.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I stopped collecting knives when I lost one at the last DC area meet.
-
Katie Melua- Pictures
I would like to see nudie pics of Katie Melua, but I'm not expecting any. I can't wait to hear this. It comes out tomorrow, huh? I'll have to get it when I get back.
-
What are the purtiest headphones ever?
Not bad. I also don't mind the champagne, but the black is just head-turning.
-
Tell me about remasters...
I got nuthin'.
-
What are you EATING right now?
Wrong thread (unless it's frozen). Perhaps we should just merge them and call them the "What are you INGESTING/CONSUMING right now?"
-
What are you reading now?
Karen Chance -- very enjoyable, she has me laughing out loud at various moments, and then shifts to bloody gorey horror in a single step. Sort of the author equivalent of Joss Whedon. "Well, I can tell them that you tried to force me to tell them where Tony is and then trashed the place...no, wait, that would be true."
-
What did you do for the great Head-Case blackout of aught seven
So, to paraphrase, being on Head-Case is like a circle jerk? Pfff. (<--stifled laughter this time, instead of the usual meaning indicating disagreement)
-
Post what you're watching
Unfortunately, yes.
- slow forum
-
New Portable USB DAC/Amp to preview at Maryland Meet
I don't know, it's just CG -- kind of hard to tell. Either one would be fine with me, but I hadn't yet thought of the "bumping it" problem, which is probably a serious consideration.
-
Post what you're watching
Watched Deathproof last night. Fucking sucked. Best thing about it was...uh...erm...that it's over. Oh yeah, the soundtrack didn't suck.
-
slow forum
You realize that air smells like sewer, to put it euphemistically. And is also highly flammable (methane). I suspect it's a scat fetish thing, disguised as a fire safety device.
-
What did you do for the great Head-Case blackout of aught seven
I got temporarily banned, apparently. (Couldn't get back in -- thanks for fixing me, guys! Even though I believe it was a conspiracy on the part of MrRex to try and "lap" me. A couple more of these, and it'll work!) PS I'm using Black Rain now, too -- change of pace from New Damage. Melikey.
-
My Own New Source...
So basically, you have the only two in existence that you know of.
-
What are you DIGESTING right now?
Yes, it's correct now -- what did it used to say?
-
What are you DIGESTING right now?
I ate some garlic chicken with garlic earlier. Duangrat's Thai restaurant. i, presumably, fixed your title. unless you were going for some abstract mad libs thing --admin
-
slow forum
From a particularly silly audiogon virtual system.