Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
Team Sony Unite!
I knew that didn't sound right.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Like $50...sort of. Borders screwed up my "Borders Bucks" account, and late on 10/29 informed me that I had two days to spend $40. Combine that with the 30% coupon they put out Tuesday and Wednesday, and I thought to myself, I think I can do that. Although I had to collect all my nickels and dimes and pennies and deposit them ($75 in change) to cover it, as I had just borrowed a small amount to keep my account from going into the red. I really need to learn to manage my money better. I make good money, I just keep spending it. Okay, listened to the first two disks, on the third. So far, so funky. I'm actually liking this better than Bitches Brew, the last time I listened to it.
-
What do you think of "markl Mod for Denon AH-D5000" thread?
Maybe we should stuff markl with cotton so that he's further away. Yeah, one criticism I will give Denon is their quality control. Apparently, 2 or 3 of them fell apart at the second-to-last DC area meet (I wasn't there at the time, so don't look at me).
-
Team Sony Unite!
I got all y'all beat -- I got Sony batteries (from the remote that came with my players, several of which are Sony). I also have a Sony DATMan.
-
Team Sony Unite!
Apparently I'm already a member, since I'm a fan of both the CD3000 and the MDR-7506/-V6.
- slow forum
-
Team Audio-Technica Unite!
Someone needs to frankenstein the two drivers together. No, wait, that's the Orpheus.
-
trying to achieve the impossible
You may want to try the new model before you totally give up on it. I didn't hear the slightly recessed midrange, but then again, I heard a recabled pair on a balanced max. I've also heard people who didn't like the earlier pair like the more recent pair.
-
slow forum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1RtZwQOgt0
-
Team iPod Unite!
Half Russian! We need to breed more half-breeds.
- Team iPod Unite!
-
There goes my iPod....
Performance Service Plan -- Best Buy -supplied extended warranty which one purchases
-
DIY cable gallery
I like the black Beyers.
-
Team Audio-Technica Unite!
heh-heh-heh...
-
What do you think of "markl Mod for Denon AH-D5000" thread?
Awesome.
-
The Headcase Stax thread
What does that mean? Is the reason things are cheaper through places like EIFL, audiocubes, and the pricejapan network of retailers because they're being sold domestically (in Japan) and then being shipped to us? Why would that be cheaper than being sold to us directly?
-
trying to achieve the impossible
I have a feeling it's also a function of whether or not you're deaf at higher frequencies or not. The people who have the higher frequencies attenuated (without being painful) will prefer the brighter headphones without finding them overly edgy/bright/whatever. Or you could switch to something less laid back, such as the Beyer DT880.
-
A hilarious CD player review
Going to the website, it seems it's still considered class A+, so...WTF?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
So far: pretty (I haven't opened it yet). All those people cartoons on the cover have been hammered outwards from the inside. Very textual, but I suspect if I keep it alongside anything else, they'll start to rub off on whatever it's next to.
-
Team iPod Unite!
No, the Mullard caught my eye as well -- but that one I understood. BTW, those pics are really nice pics -- your iPod looks pristine.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Miles Davis, The Complete On The Corner Sessions
-
Team iPod Unite!
Why do you have the specs for the PMD-100 printed out? Just curious.
-
Team Audio-Technica Unite!
In mathematical terms, ">" means "greater than", and ">>" sometimes means "much greater than". Anything beyond that is merely exaggeration on the part of the writer, and speculation on the part of the reader. I suspect, however, that it would be like saying "much much much greater than" -- rather childish, although sometimes we do that on purpose for humorous effect, such as "evah" or "!!!1!". You got a problem with that? This is a message board -- if you're going to post publicly, expect responses from anyone. If it was meant to be a private communique with jpak, then PM him. I should go "take the piss". BRB, GGPP.
-
There's Something Disturbing About Ultrasone...
Somehow, I suspect that these people act similarly intolerant of contradicting opinions in real life, as well. Maybe they've been surrounded by yes-people for most of their lives, or their mothers would always tell them they were right, or something. Or maybe it's just too much testosterone. Either way, they're the kind of people who raise their voice when challenged, and speak in terms that don't allow for differing ... anything. I don't know...
-
There's Something Disturbing About Ultrasone...
Nice. Civil and brutal. Sovkiller would not happen on postjack's forum.