Dusty Chalk
Moderators
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: The Youths are bringing CDs back?
Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
mjg vs. JBL (two men enter, one man leave)
Dude, it's a gold star.
-
Fighting to defend christmas!
No, it goes further than that: -- that's what I meant by freedom from religious persecution.
-
All of my analog channels just up and vanished... all 80something of them
Cancel your cable. That's really the only way to get them to do anything. And I'm serious -- it's liberating.
-
Fighting to defend christmas!
- mjg vs. JBL (two men enter, one man leave)
You touch yourself at night.- Fighting to defend christmas!
Oh. You mean, he was agreeing with me? Yeah, I missed that, thanks for the clarification.- Post the last thing you bought!
^2- I've been ruined...RUINED
Probably because he was home-schooled.- Fighting to defend christmas!
Bill of Rights, dude -- Freedom of Religion, or, as I would prefer to interpret it, freedom from religious persecution.- Fuck in snow
Who are you and what have you done with Billy's account? Don't undo it necessarily, I kind of like you better than Billy...- Fighting to defend christmas!
But...but...but...(sputters)...what about separation of church and state?- mjg vs. JBL (two men enter, one man leave)
Marc and Jay Sitting in a tree One with a saw The other with a ...uh...thingy. Down came the baby, cradle and all. Or something.- Post the last thing you bought!
A chair- I've been ruined...RUINED
Just because you can't hear the difference, doesn't mean we can't.- Dac-Ah modified by Pacific Valve
Yes -- prominent bass and prominent lead vocals. The power supply is internal -- would that be wimpy? Thanks all for the opinions -- I gave it back to the original owner to send back to Pacific Valve. I'll ask him in January if he's taken care of it yet, and then nag him until he contacts Pacific Valve.- Fighting to defend christmas!
Bah humbug.- I've been ruined...RUINED
No you didn't. Tweaker -- you're making it sound like this group listen to records because it gives them a chance to putz, not because they prefer the sound; Technophobe/Luddite -- you're making it sound like this group listen because they refuse to join the 21st century, not because they prefer the sound; Musical equivalent of civil war reenactor -- you're making it sound like this person listens to vinyl because they want to be "retro", not because they prefer the sound. None of those address the fact that someone may prefer vinyl because they prefer the sound.- Got wasted...
My cousins would take each other out on their 18th birthdays and "paint the town" -- the idea being to do it so badly as to make the new guy never want to overdo it again. Sounds like you did that to yourself. Word of advice for the future -- pick one drink, and stick with it for the night. You may have a sensitivity to one of them, and that one will make you feel worse than the others. I.E. gin and tonics one night, vodka and redbulls another. Avoid the ones that make you feel bad. Good luck with the parents and the mattress -- no, you pretty much ruined the mattress, they can't really be cleaned, that's why we get sheets and mattress pads and whatnot. Nothing can be done for pissed off parents.- I've been ruined...RUINED
Overgeneralize much? Vinyl is for people who prefer records.- Show posts of user or Show Own Posts
Show own posts appears to be broken beyond page 1. I tried it by clicking my own profile and nate's, and they don't appear to be working, neither. Firefox 2.0.0.11 on Windows XP SP2+.- Mitchell Report
No, I was just cranky, probably too much coke. Sorry for the aggressive behavior.- Fuck in snow
- Mitchell Report
I completely concur with this -- it should fair to everyone -- those who get the asterisks, those who don't, and those who should -- everyone.- Team Audio-Technica Unite!
I'm beginning to come to some conclusions about the A950Ltd -- it's pretty damn good. In fact, it's exactly what I wanted it to be -- a poor man's leatherhead (and without the leather). It's got nice prat (though not as good as the L3000's), it's not quite as clean (background isn't as black), it's not quite as resolving (but I am not exactly a detail freak)...but damn if it doesn't do a lot of things right. For example, when listening to most music, I'm hearing the same amount of bass, though it's not going as low, it's only on certain recordings that I can really tell where it's going. The opening bass note in the left earcup on Rob Dougan's Furious Angels ("Prelude") is clearly audible on the L3000's, but on the A950LTD, it's inaudible unless I'm straining to hear it (not including compensation for the differences in sensitivity). But switching to Camille's Le Fil ("Au Port"), the bass certainly sounds right. So they must have compensated for the missing lowest frequencies by bumping up the bass just a little bit, but they did it just right, to the point where I can not hear the difference under most casual listening, which is exactly what I wanted. I'll be getting the A900Ti in a month or two, and we'll see where it goes from there. Setup: most listening has been done on Rega Apollo -> Pure Silver Sound interconnects -> Singlepower Supra++, with some done on SACDMods -modded Denon 3910 -> Xiang Sheng 703B, with little attention paid to power. Tweaking consists of your mama touching me at night. Dac-Ah has been ignored, since it was distorting -- I returned it to its owner to send it off to Pacific Valve to have it fixed.- Mitchell Report
- mjg vs. JBL (two men enter, one man leave)
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.