Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Chalk

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dusty Chalk

  1. I believe the one I see pretty much every weekend (actually, it's more like every other weekend) is a Faroudja professional-level upscaler that looks pretty damn good, but is several years old technology at this point. It's probably comparable to the Faroudja upscaler that Masterlu mentions in his first post. You may also want to look at the Lumagen HDP, as it's several hundred dollars cheaper (US$1199), and looks like it has been the recipient of trickle-down technology (though don't hold me to it, as I have not yet confirmed this) -- notice how it has "SD and HD per-pixel motion adaptive deinterlacing" listed as "newly added"? Dew et -- it will revitalize you DVD collection, and render upgrading to HD moot.
  2. Dusty Chalk replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Double-facepalm! Late night celebrity facepalm! Vintage celebrity facepalm! I pity the facepalm! Alright, I'll stop.
  3. Not true -- it depends on the algorithm. Entry level gear will have generic algorithms, whereas I've seen some gear (one in particular) that upscales so well, that most everything -- other than direct-to-HD such as Leno and Sports Desk -- looks just as good as the upscaled counterpart. Just as the MSB upscaler might sound different than the dCS upscaler (for example) to some ears. This one is supposed to be pretty good.
  4. Sounds like pimping to me.
  5. Gorgeous! I should've listened to it at the last meet, I forgot what it sounds like.
  6. It's fun watching it all in sequence. I've done that at least twice now.
  7. Nice! Your collection overtook mine overnight, maybe...(double-checks)...I have about 200.
  8. It should've been free delivery.
  9. Why would you do that? Last I heard, electricity flows both ways -- I realize that ground is different from an active signal, but it still strikes me as putting it through copper part of the way, and silver the rest of the way -- is that necessarily wise, if one has access to silver both ways?
  10. Still on the thought of transmission lines -- how about something like this? (Two links in "this".)
  11. Well, I don't like to speak for him, so maybe you should PM him, but I haven't heard anything to know that his opinion has changed. Though I believe his experience is with their most high-end cables.
  12. AHHH MONEY! Money is not our GOD! etc. I'm not exactly rolling in dough, but if I had a budget for vinyl, this would be on there.
  13. Paging Hirsch...Hirsch to the white courtesy telephone please...
  14. You should try cleaning them first. I have a lot of vinyl from when I was a kid (and adolescent, and post-adolescent, and young adult) -- and I treated them absolutely terribly. I tried playing them on Hirsch's rather nice rig after cleaning, and you couldn't hear a spec of dust. I think the needle even found the portions of the record that I hadn't completely worn out.
  15. That almost sounds like compression -- what amp are you using again?
  16. The discussions are good, too. Me: A 10' pair of Anti-Cables
  17. Dusty Chalk replied to mjb's topic in Suggestions
    Maybe you're just being ignored.
  18. Kevin can probably draw up some plans for a DIY version.
  19. Is it the same trailer? Because I'm not wasting another 90 seconds of my life (or however long it was). Alright, yeah, I just did, typing this response, but I enjoyed typing this response more than watching that trailer. Not saying the game won't be any good, but I certainly couldn't tell from the trailer.
  20. Dusty Chalk replied to tkam's topic in Speakers
    Anti-Cables -- I've been meaning to give these a try, myself. You can ask Nate if they're worth it.
  21. Trailer sucked.
  22. Dusty Chalk replied to tkam's topic in Speakers
    Was there a question in there? Did you see these? Though I have to admit, I'm thinking about them myself.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.