Everything posted by Dusty Chalk
-
Couple of ideas...
I have found that (right-click)->"View Image" automatically resizes the image to fit within a single pane (this is Mozilla's doing).
-
Goldfrapp - Seventh Tree 02/26/08
Goddamnit, there's a deluxe edition? I wonder if the import will be SACD again, like Supernature... (makes a mental note not to unseal the standard edition he just bought)
-
IRC channel on #[email protected]
This was only a couple days ago: Seems to be that you don't do it only out of fear. Here, do this: lurk; post something useful when you have something useful to post, but not to "maintain a presence"; lurk some more; be patient; don't whine; go back to lurking even yet still some more; quit being a spaz. And eventually (and I'm not talking on the order of days, I'm talking on the order of months, maybe years), maybe, we might begin to think about accepting you as you would be accepted.
-
Powered speakers or keep my amp
Meh, to a point, but only because they have no bass. A lot of them still benefit from room placement. I read somewhere that pseudo-line sources (Nearfield Acoustics' Pipedreams, upper-echelon Genesis, Infinity, etc.) are the least sensitive to placement; I don't think anything is in determinant of room size -- you need speakers that can go louder for larger rooms, period. I guess if you get speakers that can go louder to begin with -- like my Dynaudio Special 25's -- then they would work just as well in small rooms as large, but then you still have the room node issue, and there are some rooms (cubes, for example) that will always have nodes, no matter what speaker you have.
-
Inexpensive, but decent, CD transport with AES/EBU
Unless they're on retainer.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Damn, nailed.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Is that one of them there upside-down Wadia-style transports, or is the picture staged incorrectly?
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Alright, it's not black, but it's my second favorite color: blurple!
-
I think the world might be flat.
Rhombic prism or rhomboid would be the two most likely choices.
-
Inexpensive, but decent, CD transport with AES/EBU
The gears that open and close on one of my Sony players are broken -- it could be something like that? In which case it's fixable. I just need to get around to it, in my case (this is the early CD/SACD player without the DVD functionality, so it's a keeper).
-
I think the world might be flat.
First, that is the correct spelling of rhombus. Second, that makes no sense -- rhombus is a 2-dimensional geometric shape. Third, no, you're a rhombus.
-
A "Jagbag" wtf?
This being the entire set of search results when safesearch is on.
-
Powered speakers or keep my amp
I misread it as being a vintage NAD as well. Well, if you don't want the Wharfdales, then don't get the Wharfdales. I got a pair of Pioneer HPM-200's, and they're pretty much too big for anything other than an entire floor (read: basement) of most houses I've been in (read: non-mansions). I'm having a hard time bringing myself to selling them, because I really want them, and now I have them. Alas, it is not meant to be.
-
Anyone have vertigo before?
Yeah, I've had it before. In college. It was called being drunk off my ass.
-
L3000 Burn-In experiences?
I've only ever heard used pairs, so have no experience with L3000-specific burn-in.
-
K701 insanity spreading over at head-fi
I stand by "burn-in is real". Though I agree that the newbs and the zealots give those of us who believe a bad name, and I disagree that it goes to the extremes that they describe, and I do not believe that they can hear differences of the fine-tuned-ness that they claim. 576 hours vs. 577 hours, WTF? I mean, I had a pair of silver interconnects that went from having no bass to having bass, and it took several weeks. What I could not tell you is exactly which hour the bass kicked in.
-
Powered speakers or keep my amp
What state is the NAD in? If it's good, then I'd say go for the speakers. I've heard good things about Wharfdales.
-
Grado RS1 + Flats and other impressions
Bile?
-
K701 insanity spreading over at head-fi
And/or state of mind, humidity, localized endorphine generation, imagination, changes in blood sugar levels, mild strokes, and other nonsense.
- "Entertainment"
-
This Forum is great...
Stupid moniker. Nice ass-kissing. The jury is still out.
-
Me and my Zana Deux (+ pics)...
Bipolar. She coos like a pigeon when she's happy, and she whines like a baby when she's cranky. And the two are remarkable in that they can transition between rooms.
-
Speakers & power amp recommendations for $1600-$2K?
My opinion of you just went up a notch.
-
On HD650s and speaker amps...
Also helps if your amp can handle what is essentially an open load. (Oversimplification, I'll let others explain the details.)
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Some nasty-ass pretzel bites (I love them honey mustard and onion bursting with flavor ones) a bagel 2 jugs of distilled water a couple of Nantucket Nectars Half-&-Halves some green tea