Everything posted by guzziguy
-
NorCal Summer Meet 6/28/2008
$85 would be great. I just looked up the cost on their web site and $104 was the best I could find with AARP discount. Where does the $99 come from, not that $5 would stop me?
-
Looking for good baritone sax records
While it's not the featured instrument, there is some nice baritone sax (at least I think it's baritone) on Gaucho "Deluxe".
-
NorCal Summer Meet 6/28/2008
I forgot to add that I'll be bringing my usual gear: Home: HP2, Headphile modified K340, Darth Beyers Tarted out SP Extreme Platinum eXemplar Denon 2900 Bedside: Yuin PK2 (probably only for my use) Custom HeadAmp AE-2 (custom colors and engraving) iPod I think that Stacy will come. If so, I can bring one other person w/ gear. If she doesn't come, I can bring two addition people w/ gear.
-
NorCal Summer Meet 6/28/2008
Hi John. I'd be interested in a hotel room there. Now it's just 4 to go.
-
Your recent music purchases
Since JP#'s and Ironbut have raved about Jackie Naylor at VSAC, I thought I'd buy her latest "The Color 5" at the Bottlehead site.
-
Small-ish cheap-ish (DIY?) speaker amp
I'll go dig it out of storage so I can tell you. It's not a great amp and it's not especially small, but it definitely is cheap!
-
A couple of DIY questions
I have parrots in the house and they are really sensitive to lead poisoning, much more than humans. So I'd rather not have any lead fumes that I can avoid in the house.
-
A couple of DIY questions
I have a couple of DIY questions: This one is pretty basic. I need an easy to use, lead-free solder. I'm guessing a lead-free eutectic solder is what I'm looking for. Is this correct and do you have any recommendations. Also, please recommend a source for it. Not that I'll be needing this information in the near future, but I have a question about Magnequest. I see a lot of other brands talked about here and almost no mention of this one. Are Magnequest not great transformers? Or maybe there is some other problem with them or the company? Or lastly, maybe nobody here uses them due to habit? I'm just curious as I know that Bottlehead likes and uses them.
-
Any way to bulk up in 6 weeks? (lifting weights)
There was already a reference to it in the "Favorite posts from the site that can't mention our name" thread. See post #1537.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Nice but:
-
Weeee, modded Lambdas.
They kind of look like ice cream sandwiches to me.
-
Walk score.
Fixed an error in the original quote. Also, the roads in the area are narrow and dangerous. If the climb doesn't do you in, the cars might. I try to avoid walking in my area whenever possible. On the other hand, the view isn't too bad.
-
Walk score.
My obnoxious neighbor's house got a 43/100. That was much better than I expected as there is a 400' change of elevation between it and all the stores, etc. The walk down is too bad, but the walk up is a killer.
-
Small-ish cheap-ish (DIY?) speaker amp
I have a mid-90's Rotel 5 channel home theater. Some of the channels can be bridged together for more power. It may or may not sound that hot for you, but the price is right. Come by and it's yours.
-
Rack Attack
Somebody's been visiting the Bottlehead site.
- canjam 08
-
What are you EATING right now?
Humboldt Fog and Cowboy Girl brand Red Hawk cheese, with triscuits. Chased with 2003 Chateau Dubois Gramont, a claret recently given to us by visiting French friends. It's a nice combination.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
They used to be up there, but when the money started coming out the wazoo, well ...
-
What are you EATING right now?
Pepperjack cheese and grilled potato, mushroom and brussel sprout omelet, all smothered in Cholula sauce. It's a successful cooking experiment. I love leftovers.
-
Power cable, DAC or AMP first?
Dom, the answer is easy. Listen to your setup both ways and see if it sounds different and,. if so, what sounds better to you. I'll be surprised if you hear a difference but you might. All "hospital grade" means is that it won't spark when plugs are inserted or remove. I do agree that the sockets usually used are not of great quality.
- jinp6301 is 21!
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Was Storm Audio ever really in business??
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Yep, sorry about that, I meant LEO. I hadn't had enough coffee when I typed it.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Besides annoying car drivers on the road, thereby giving them reason to push for and vote for more motorcycle restrictions, and your neighbors, another really bad effect of loud pipes is that they attract the attention of LFOs, something you never want to do.
-
Post the last thing you bought!
I doubt a helmet would have made much difference in this accident except for the extent of the mess. Helmets aren't to protect a rider from hitting something solid head-on at high speed. They are to protect the head from a fall at ride height to the ground and then take sliding or tumbling blows. Hitting something solid at high speed is the way to kill or severely damage one's self, whether the person is motorcycling, skiiing, being tossed from a car, etc.