Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knuckledragger

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Knuckledragger

  1. Arthur Pewtey makes headphones now? Does that mean Eric Idle steals the drivers?
  2. 3 cord firewood, and holy effing cripes was it expensive. This is after my regular source completely flaked out on me.
  3. In that case, definitely not. I have found Spaghetti-Os to be foul tasting and vile smelling, ever since I first caught whiff of them, some three decades ago.
  4. Somehow I missed this reply until now. PJ as in Postjack? The auction closes this evening, making any impressions a bit 11th hour. From what I've read, it sounds like the 22L2s are very sensitive to room positioning, especially how far back they are from the walls. This might not be the best for me, especially as the position of my gear is in a state of flux. Still, I've be interested in hearing any head-caser's experience with the 22Ls, especially with regard to placement and amp choice.
  5. Wolfgang Voigt is a gifted producer, and I've been a fan of his Gas project for years. I don't have Nah Und Fern, but I have a copy of Pop and I did own his eponymous first release when I was in college. Sadly, it didn't make it home from the dorms one year. I lent it to an international student from Argentina named Klaus and he managed to duck me at the end of the semester. He always was an asshat. I think his family descended from escaped Nazis, but I digress... What this means is I should probably track down a copy of that boxed set. As an side, Boomkat's reviews are some of the worse purple prose in the entire music business. I nearly lost my lunch when I read their review of Ricardo Villalobos' Fizheuer Zieheuer.
  6. I don't know what that means, so I tend to doubt it. It is highly probable this has been posted before.
  7. Artist: Megadeth Album: Peace Sells... But Who's Buying? Song: My Last Words Lyric:
  8. I second the Kimber suggesting, but I do suggest paying someone else to terminate them for you. The front three speakers on my HT system are connected with Kimber 8TC, and I did the termination myself. That's 2 ends per wire, 8 wires per leg, 2 legs per cable, times three = 96 wire ends and some very sore finger tips when I was through.
  9. So, uh, has any head-caser heard Quad 22L2s? Yes, they are non-powered, non-shielded floor-standing speakers. They also want to be 350mm away from the wall. Clearly a bad choice for computer speakers. That said, there's a pair newly listed on the 'Bay.
  10. I've seen several of those Cleese Compaq ads before, but not that one. Talk about My Chemical Romance.
  11. 70's Finnish YMCA - CollegeHumor video
  12. Whoa. Nice picture. I did a few like that, a couple years ago: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/105186113_1bafe4d366.jpg[/img http://farm1.static.flickr.com/42/105172892_2d7e5e599f.jpg[/img I was goofing around with my point & shoot digital, so it's nothing terribly serious. The thing below the headphones is a much-loathed Technics SL-1200 DZ, their ill-conceived foray into the CDJ market.
  13. In spite of myself, I kind of like the Aly & AJ track.
  14. I normally loathe these things, but this one is kind of cool.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.