Everything posted by swt61
-
Which Cooking Are You?
I never thought I'd say these words, but "where would you find the meat"?
-
DSD DAC
No shit! I think you'd need a low pass filter and MERLIN to turn a digital signal into analog without a DAC.
-
DSD DAC
Shelly have you tried any DSD files yet?
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Wow, you straight guys really are naive!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
I was not aware of this collaboration. Thanks!
- Happy birthday Pars!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
- The Killing
- Which Cooking Are You?
Great, now I'm craving a good Gyro, with no local outlet for one.- The Killing
- Happy belated birthday to mypasswordis!
Happy belated Birthday Justin!- Harman Kardon's NC
- Major Surgery Revives 35 Year Old Amp
Not exclusively, but I use it with custom built two way monitors w/5" Scan Speak woofers & SB Acoustics ring radiating tweeters. They're moderately efficient, and this amp drives them with ease. I just use my DAC's volume control (volume controlled at the DAC chip), which works very well. Someone mentioned driving Quad stats with the amp, with good results. A tube pre isn't necessary, as the amp's signature is anything but dry. A similar signature to my old PASS F5 (DIY), but I actually prefer the Pioneer. I'd imagine an Adcom GFP-750 pre would be a great match, as you could go passive with a hot enough source.- Sennheiser HD 800 Redux
I remember the amp from HF, back in the day. It still looks just as awe inspiring today!- Happy Birthday xand1x
- Happy Birthday Ari!
Happy Birthday Ari!- What are you listening to Part the Third
- DSD DAC
I did not know that Playback Designs was started by a co-founder of EMM Labs. That's a pretty good recommendation in it's own right.- crappy earbuds
^ You know skull, when you couple the rosebud with your signature below, it's doubly funny.- Sennheiser HD 800 Redux
Every thing you mentioned about the HD-800 mirrors my impressions. It is indeed airy and resolving, but oh so clinical.- Recommendations
Mmm, jewel encrusted codpieces!- crappy earbuds
I would go with the Audi R10.- Recommendations
Even the moose recommends against the salmon, but he is partial to the birch leave salad.- CanLanta 2013
No worries Adrian. Colin just wanted the pants, not what was in them.- And now what did you do TODAY?
Jacob you're a great guy! This can't be easy, but it's refreshing to see people trying all the options before throwing in the towel. My hope is that one day when you and Emily are old and grey, holding hands while strolling through the park, looking back, these trials are only going to be part of what made your union so strong.
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.