Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

robm321

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Those silly 18th century Koreans ruminating on what they feared most could come across as repetitive in 2026. I think these fine K-pop folks are just keeping to the grossly outdated lyrical tradition of pansori and trying to make it fresh with modern K-pop grooves. The good news is, I think they've succeeded. This song was played every time the South Koreans scored a goal in the world cup, and the original video has over 20 million views. I love learning about other cultures through music but didn't expect it to come from K-pop. Claude says: In 18th century Korea, tigers were a real and common danger, not just folklore. Korea back then had a notably dense tiger population, enough that the Joseon government kept dedicated tiger-hunter units, called chakhogapsa or similar, specifically to deal with maulings and livestock attacks in rural areas. Tiger attacks on people and livestock were frequent enough that they shaped a lot of Korean culture and superstition from that era, which is actually where that Leenalchi song "Tiger Is Coming" draws from, it's adapting a traditional pansori story rooted in that same fear and reverence.
  2. LEENALCHI - SUGUNGGA LEENALCHI on Qobuz https://open.qobuz.com/album/u0icfdl0p72e3 Someone always explains my thoughts better than I can. So, ill just say, I can no longer say I hate K-Pop. I like one K-pop album and it's this one. I'll let some dude at Qobuz take it from here: SUGUNGGA sounds like a genre argument settled by force. Leenalchi's four pansori vocalists--Ahn Yi Ho, Choi Su In, Park Soo Bum, and Ra Seo Jin-deliver the album's 18th century turtle-and-rabbit narrative in the tradition's characteristic guttural, almost strained vocal style, full of sudden pitch shifts and rhythmic hiccups that are clearly deliberate technique... ...Leenalchi's willingness to let centuries-old vocaltechnique carry just as much rhythmic weight as the bass and drums rather than floating decoratively above them is an approach that could easily flatten into a gimmick over a full album, but SUGUNGGA keeps the groove genuinely propulsive rather than merely novel, letting the tradition and the funk each pull their own weight. Ex.
  3. I'm going to secretly buy 8 track tapes. I see a pattern.
  4. robm321 replied to Thaddy's topic in Music
    We saw this guy last night in Grass Valley. I've been listen to him since high school, so it was nice to finally see him live.
  5. robm321 replied to swt61's topic in Music
    1) Segovia 2) Hendrix The rest. I told myself I wasn't going to participate in the best guitarist thing ever again. Damn it.
  6. Anyone sick of Coltrane posts yet?
  7. Happy Birthday!
  8. Sungazer - Perihelion Ex.
  9. Old Bisbee got some more Bali in if interested.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.