Everything posted by skullguise
-
Best full sized passive noise isolation headphone WITH active noise cancellation? (Under $100)
^^ For sure!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
^^^ Never knew this existed! Listened to some, which led me to this. There's also a documentary video about it....
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
You really didn't know that??!!
-
The State of DACSES
Just be careful if you're looking to use Roon Rock as the OS, it's apparently not "certified" on some of the newer NUC's. While it may be just testing is needed, some conspiracy-oriented folks think it may not install/run at all, and Roon is limiting it because they are selling their Nucleus servers and don't want to undercut them. I have it on a core i5 NUC 7th gen and it's running just lovely. KB article: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_Optimized_Core_Kit
-
The State of DACSES
Both Ethernet and WiFi can do up to 24/192 PCM and DSD64. I am pretty sure I've played some DSD128 tracks on mine in the past, maybe it downsamples (?). EDIT: I think Roon will downsample unsupported formats.....still sounds great.
-
Happy Birthday Kerry!
Happy Birthday!!
-
The State of DACSES
At least with Roon you send it over the network, so some of the USB issues are bypassed. And, now there's THIS, which I am thinking very much of getting.... (EDIT) just got, from Justin!
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
100% agreed. And for different reasons I also love the John Foxx-era Ultravox! as well....
-
Speaker Porn
^^^ Liked for Cowboy Junkies....
-
RIP someone or another
RIP Ed and Rupert......
-
Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
I've seen that before, love it!
-
ATC speakers
I kind of like the idea of a Brooklyn Bridge and the actives myself 😈 I tried that briefly with Emotiva Airmotiv 5's to a nice result.....
-
Amplifier porn
I had the Pathos Twin Towers for a while, even lovelier.....one of my favorite all-time amps
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Thanks! Lot of fun tube folks contributed there.....
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
We got up to our place in Maine, is good to be away from the same walls. Took a ride into Kennebunkport, and was pretty disappointed to see most people NOT wearing masks either, despite signs all over the place with guidelines saying to do so. Karen would step FAR away from people if we passed them, I think some got the idea but didn't give a shit. But we did get to see some good ocean views, and got some decent food for tomorrow's lunch. We'll order and do curbside tonight. I'll be back home tomorrow but Karen will likely stay one more night. Good for her soul! Pic from Cape Porpoise.....
- Happy Birthday Brent!
- Happy Birthday Raffy!
-
Happy Birthday robm321
Happy belated!
-
Kerry Design mini GRHV\GRLV and JoaMat mini T2 Group Buy
Sorry to hear, Doug....I had FedEx damage some nice speakers recently sent to me. Took almost 2 months, lots of pictures and documentation, but I got the claim settled.....second time I've "beat" them even when they tired to delay or deny.
-
Speaker Porn
And now I know for sure the turntable used in A Clockwork Orange! I always thought either Oracle or JA Michell but always forgot to look it up.
- Happy Birthday Pars!
-
RIP someone or another
RIP Fred and Jimmy. Fred was amazingly prolific....indeed superbly funny....
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Einstürzende Neubauten - Alles In Allem
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
-
Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
These folks were recommended on another site. I watched one of their vids, and now I have watched about 10, and ordered the CD they have in stock.