Everything posted by skullguise
-
What are you EATING right now?
Looks great! The first time I went to Hong Kong, one of the locals brought me to a Congee place, a little long narrow hole in the wall. I had mine with pork and (something else "safe" but forgot), his was Congee with Pig's Blood and Thousand Year Egg. He let me try it, quite tasty! Wish the suburbs where I live had Congee. Everything out here is Americanized Asian food....even the Hong Kong fast food was more tasty.....need to get into Chinatown someday soon.....
- The "Who The Hell Buys This?" Thread
-
Merry Christmas To All
Happy ChanuKwanzDiwalBoxMas everyone!
-
Merry birthday, blessingx and GPH!
Very happy birthday Ric, and bon anniversaire Guillaume. Hope the day is extra special for you both!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
That sounds awesome, Grahame! Merry Christmas to all
-
Happy Birthday guzziguy
Very Happy Birthday Ken! Hope it's a great one!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
What a great pic! Your mom looks wonderful (you both do), and will honor Mrs. Claus very well I'd say.
-
What did Santa bring you for Christmas?
A day off, and dinner at a Chinese restaurant (Jewish tradition )
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Went to see the musical Memphis. I hate musicals. With a passion. This wasn't so bad.....female lead had an immensely beautiful and powerful voice. Oddly, as a musical, my wife thought it was just OK.
-
slower forum
I think I know where that second kid from the left is going to spend a fair bit of his adult life.....
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Ouch! Hope everything gets sorted out OK..... Our first flight with our son was actually to Hawaii! What a freaking mistake THAT was.....(at least without Benadryl )
-
Just received Windows 8 Vaio Ultrabook. Win 8, are they kidding me?
UI "intuitiveness" varies by person, so I'm not surprised there's a range of reactions. Just playing with a Win 8 tablet at a store for about 10 minutes, I was picking up the concepts well enough; but I still prefer the older interface. I HAVE heard about some 3rd party programs that are having issues installing or running in 8; but that's not s surprise either.... I also prefer Win 7, have done some things (probably some of what the Tuneup Utilities do, though not likely as much) to make it more streamlined. I find the combination of strength & stability to be very good.
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Agreed, amazing stuff Wayne, and awesome news Vicki!
-
slower forum
- At what point will it be reasonable to arm our teachers to protect students?
What a great article! VERY informative, especially for a gun-ignorant person like myself....- Happy Birthday roadtonowhere08
Kind of late in the day, but hope it was/is a great day!- And now what did you do TODAY?
Sorry to hear that CJ. I seem to recall you are no longer contagious once you start the eye drops, though; can someone else confirm? It's been years since my son had it.....- At what point will it be reasonable to arm our teachers to protect students?
Then i guess I'm a bit anti-gun, even though I respect and recognize the right to have them..... I'm guess I'm just very surprised that this type of gun would be commonplace for a suburan CT type home....and quite frankly, given the possible lack of education about gun safety I mentioned previously, that scares me....- At what point will it be reasonable to arm our teachers to protect students?
Understood and agreed. My ignorance of the weapon....but better point probably being that it's not your average civilian gun....- At what point will it be reasonable to arm our teachers to protect students?
I heard the same thing....it seems she did take on weapons, including the uber-powerful one that was used in the murders, as a hobby. And, she brought her son with her to the shooting range to try and teach him some responsibility and focus (not the exact phrasing from the reports). I don't necessarily agree here, I'm not sure she did all she could. I think along with regulating gun ownership, EDUCATION is important. And part of that education is truly knowing and understanding the risks associated with owning guns at home, especially when younger children and children/adults with possible mental or behavioral issues are present. It seems likely there were known issues here. How to properly secure guns and ammo is a huge educational opportunity I would bet..... I think we DO need to act, but as Dusty implies, not JUST as a means of reacting to this horrible tragedy. There seem to be enough well-thought-out proposals once the extremes are eliminated (do nothing, or total gun ban). My co-worker and I were discussing this today, and he is very anti-gun. But he also has extended family members who were policemen (retired) and others who were/are hunters, and he respects their feelings on the matter. He did say that all his hunting family strongly secures their guns, and they don't allow the children to access them at all without the parent present. Yet his "near nut-job" uncle also had a very good discussion with him, regarding the possibility for tighter civilian regulation around the stronger weapons (the automatic or semi-automatic types). Just a starting point for a discussion, but something that would be good for progress in a smart way. My wife was a little knee-jerk at one point, talking about banning guns. I told her we should ban alcohol then, as it is the cause of many deaths as well. Never mind that overwhelming majority of people are responsible drinkers..... if just ONE person could be saved by banning all alcohol, wouldn't that be worth it? She got my Devil's Advocate point....- PS Audio NuWave Dac (NWD)
Yes.- And now what did you do TODAY?
I would have just told a little white bearded lie and say the email went into Junk Mail.....which kind of de facto it was..... I agree with the comment that rich people stay rich by not paying. I'll also add a sense of entitlement is often included as well.....seen that before.- At what point will it be reasonable to arm our teachers to protect students?
Agreed w/Ken - I read "your values" more as "one's values" as in no one person can rule what others believe..... I also agree we have some ways to go..... EDIT: sensitivity is a good thing. I have been flowing a fair bit of tears almost every newscast......nothing wrong with that IMO.....- Happy Birthday livewire and atothex!!
Happy Birthday to youz.....- Long Layover in O'Hare on 12/14....any suggestions on shit to do?
Yes, safe and good trip! - At what point will it be reasonable to arm our teachers to protect students?
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.