Everything posted by skullguise
-
Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2014
That's still "old school" to me...... Had to look it up, but the 3rd man in rule and no players off the bench rule were created in the mid-to-late 70's! That surprised me a bit, I thought 3rd man in was much later The extra 2 for instigating was 1992.....
-
Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2014
Yup...back when they skated uphill both ways
-
Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2014
Somewhat agree Dan, but the clear history speaks for itself. And maybe it's easy for me to say now, but if Lucic did what Matt Cooke did - IE, at his level of recklessness and frequency - I'd want him out of the game as well. Thornton did something stupid, his first time ever getting looked at for discipline, and got nailed for it. I had no issue with his punishment, and would expect even more if he did something stupid like that again. Chara and Lucic play a physical game, and Lucic does some stupid things when he gets worked up. Chara has the Paccioretty (sp?) incident, but there's a hard time saying he intended to injure; it was an interference check that was in the wrong place on the ice with disastrous results. I actually thought he should have received a review and suspension for that; but I believe that if you cause injury even due to what would be a two-minute penalty normally, it should be at least reviewed. Randy Jones almost ended Patrice Bergeron's career years back, but I felt his was a stupid and isolated incident as well. A little more reckless than Chara's hit, but lack of history plays a part. None of these incidents compare to what players like Matt Cooke, Raffi Torres, and players of yore (Ulf Samuellson, for example) have done CONTINUOUSLY with kneeing, head shots, etc. Seasons and careers have been ended multiple times. All in all, I don't think that slope is all too slippery, but I do see the potential of it getting there in the court of public opinion.
-
Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2014
[Rant] While I respect most of the Minnesota Wild, and laud what they have done to get this far with their goalie issues..... FUCK MATT COOKE AND HIS COMING BACK TO PLAY THIS SERIES, THAT ASS SHOULD BE OUT OF THE GAME! [/Rant]
-
RIP someone or another
RIP Bob.....
-
Tour de Cure - Chattanooga, TN - May 17, 2014
Can't believe I missed this, thanks for the bump reminder Dan. Just processed.....good luck Brent!
-
DSD DAC
I saw that, it piqued my curiosity. Not much online about it, but other Aune products seem to get good reviews, saying good for the $. I'm still waiting for my fucking Geek Out to ship....otherwise I might be tempted to try that for work.....
-
Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2014
Sorry to hear Dinny. Bring some Pepto next time Seriously, hope he is doing OK. And fuck, the Hawks look good. They could come out of the West again for the Finals.
-
Happy Birthday, Ryan (recstar)!
Very Happy Birthday Ryan!
-
Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2014
^^ Well, I guess the Bruins can in theory be #1 then..... BTW, what do you think of the shake-up in Caps-land? Sorry to see Oates go, one more piece of Ovie-collateral-damage?
-
The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post
Wow, can't believe they BOTH said that! Thank you, internets!
-
Fuck in snow
What Al said. Why is it that when i think of the tough things you have to do/face Iain, I'm reminded of that joke where the punchline is "...yup....standing up in a canoe...." Hope you and the townfolk stay dry and safe
-
Stanley Cup Playoffs - 2014
Carcillo is a massive bitch....but I couldn't help but chuckle there, too..... This is one of my favorite Carcillo moments
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Best to you and your mom.....
-
Adapter Help!!
-
RIP someone or another
^^^ Just read about that via a friend's FB posting....RIP Hurricane.....
-
Fuck in snow
Haven't tried Nasacort, may give it a shot if sinuses get bad. I generally am controlled enough with non-decongestant OTC (IE, regular Zyrtec or generic, not the -D version). Just is worse when I forget it.....
-
Fuck in snow
I'm with you Bryan, just started my regiment last week....but it did hit me a bit tough last night since I forgot to take one yesterday.....
-
Happy Birthday, cutestory!
Happy Birthday!
-
And now what did you do TODAY?
Very nice, Ian.....glad the weather cleared up for you. We went up your way: Karen, Andrew and I went to Kittery/York/Ogunquit in Maine. Lunch at When Pigs Fly restaurant, up to Nubble Lighthouse and York beaches, then up Shore Drive to Ogunquit. Karen practically screeched with glee upon finding tents in the Ogunquit Beach parking lot (it means craft fairs or the like, which she loves). Then off to Perkins Cove for a little walk and some of the best lobster rolls around (Footbridge Lobster). Put them on ice and Andrew and I had them for dinner tonight. No pics....we have a teenage boy......
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
Well said, Wayne.....such a talent..... Me: found a bootleg of Heather Nova from Amsterdam 1994, nice soundboard recording, and wonderful performance. She compliments the country because she found out they had a sunflower on their currency
-
RIP someone or another
RIP Lacey. I saw her story and it was awesome, just so sad a beautiful young child has to pass. And RIP Bruce...good guys like that can be rare.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
New Mary Fahl, Love And Gravity Love her voice and expressiveness. I'm sad that I'll be away when she plays in New England (4/18 in Maine, 4/19 in NH),
-
NY Spring Meet April 5 2014
I had a varied mix of DSD, 24-bit, and 16-bit on my Sony player at the meet. There was a complete mix of quality totally unrelated to format, in that some things "only" 16 bit sounded a heck of a lot better than something else 24/192 or DSD. As we've discussed in other threads, it's more about the recording itself than the technology used to digitize. To act/feel disappointed that something isn't hi-rez PCM or DSD is just kind of ignorant, especially without listening.
-
Oppo PM-1 & PM-2
^^ You are correct, sir.