Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nikongod

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nikongod

  1. Output impedance is lower, output voltage sags less due to the load.
  2. Happy Birthday
  3. Happy Birthday!
  4. I googled that! I understood exactly no parts of the paper that came up, but it did have an interesting 6x6 tic-tac-toe board.
  5. Thats the b24 Nobody looks at it twice because "its a speaker amp", then they put binding posts on the back of the b22. clusterfuck.
  6. He was obsessed with the Xiang-sheng 708b amp too. He wrote quite the review on the great effects rolling the tube in the front window had on SQ.... I took it out of the unit I modified because nothing but the heater was connected.
  7. I still have mine. I dont use it much though. Per the advice of E-sound (or whoever it was I spoke with from China) I fixed my transport by cleaning connectors and their mating surfaces on the cables.
  8. Re terminated stock HD800 cables come up second hand on HF from time to time. As another idea: perhaps you could arrange a swap+a few dollars on your side with someone who got an HD800 with a balanced cable they dont need. If you want to DIY it, practice on small & cheap stuff first if I'm interpreting your request correctly (noob). Once you get the hang of it, the HD800 cable is only a tiny bit harder than other cables to work with. 50/50 If you have an amp that works better balanced (balanced OTL tube amps, a bunch of SS amps, etc) go for it! At the very least its reasonably reversible - you can always plug a balanced headphone into an SE amp with an adapter. If you have a SE amp you are legitimately happy with even after comparing it to others dont change it. SE amps can sound very nice.
  9. Cut the inferiorly ended connector off of the stock cable. Solder on a superiorly ended connector. Translated: cut off the plug, solder on a 4-pin XLR. Build an adapter to 2X3pin if the amp you get dosnt support the right balanced dynamic headphone connector.
  10. nikongod replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    Altoids tin BBQ grill
  11. nikongod replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    How would anyone know without a smiley face?
  12. nikongod replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    What I think of when I see a man wearing a utilikilt
  13. Going from sample rate to sample rate on perfect multiples is said to be "better" in some way. I think Dan Lavry wrote a paper about this. video has historically used (I think 12)/32 32*3=96 96*2=192 When they started making the recording junk to record at faster rates because it was blatantly obvious that 44.1 wasnt enough it was probably not much harder to build ADC's and DAC's that did their thing at 96Khz VS 88.2Khz (they are only 10% apart) and once you have something that can run a little too fast its very easy to slow it down. The recording engineer apparently never got the memo about even multiples which left "more speed" vs "sooooooooooooo slllllloooooooooooooow"
  14. That sounds like how you get SE outputs from an active output stage. For a floating transformer coupled output you MUST use pins 2&3. The picture that HDen posted looks good. You should be able to find something like that for a very reasonable price (certainly compared to audiophile cables...) at a pro-sound shop. Alternately, they may sell XLR --> RCA plugs that look like normal XLR cannons with an RCA nipple wired like that with the connections done internally. Just make sure they have a nice return policy and go from there.
  15. I think that if you put a few jumpers on the board the user could select whether this was a ++, +-, - - board. Also, the secondaries of the transformer arent hooked up to the bridge on both ends. Was this Intentional?
  16. Old Denon pro studio CD player. Mine says delta-sigma D/A converter on the front.
  17. nikongod replied to postjack's topic in Off Topic
    What is on second base.
  18. People like to say low/lacks power when they really mean "generally fucked up" Although its nice to have some extra power on tap, moar power != less fucked up. Better design=less fucked up. My bet is he is hunting for an excuse to return them for some unrelated cause (car needs work, lost job, sick wife, etc) and fishing for reasons. absolutely Aah, the ever present question of whether you will get into that.... Bear in mind that the seller ALWAYS looses if there is a disagreement through paypal if that applies, and you really cant make him take the headphones back now. See if you can get him to pay your audiogon listing fees, and shipping at least 1 way (preferably both), and refund the rest. Seems fair from my end. If you cant talk him into it, cut your losses and save your feedback rating. The outputs are in parallel
  19. Happy Birthday!
  20. Have you tried swapping the gain tubes on your amp (assuming you still have the DV332) from left to right? If the imbalance follows the tube replace BOTH of them. Where is the attenuator on your amp parked? If its less than 1/3 spin (1/3 of the way above the lowest volume) what you are describing is not uncommon unless you have a stepper. If neither of those things explains/solves the problem here is a last ditch test: Do you have a multimeter that can measure ~1 or 2vac? what are the output levels from the DAC playing a mono 1khz tone?
  21. Beyer dosn't guarantee that the FR is flat, they guarantee that the unit you get matches that response curve +/-1db. They have the rare quality of consistency. Although that was the tag-line for some old yellow-water "beer" company I cant remember the name of, any of the mega-brewery's could say the same thing. They make beer that tastes EXACTLY the same year after year after year. Its not very good, but it is always the same. Beyer is on to something with this. Every pair of DT48 measures the same, with some variance between models. because of that they are very useful for controlled testing. Edited: I probably should have quoted defectiveAudioComponent, mneh
  22. Happy Birthday!
  23. Happy Birthday!
  24. Sorry about the broken link I still have them. I like how they sound a lot, although I am not 100% a fan of having the drivers 4.5ft off the ground. They inspired me to make a pair of folded voigt pipes if I can ever motivate myself, which probably just became impossible. Chorus have larger cabinets, 15" woofers, and a bass-reflex hole in the box.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.