Everything posted by dsavitsk
-
Happy Birthday, Fitz!
Happy Birthday!
-
high quality balanced DAC (small-ish, lightweight a plus)
I like it as I have a soft spot for transformer coupling And I think it is about the nicest looking gear there is.
- Happy Birthday, Nate!
-
high quality balanced DAC (small-ish, lightweight a plus)
I don't think that's the dac. The dac uses the LL1588's on the output, but I think that's it. I have no idea if it sounds good or not, but it is pretty
-
high quality balanced DAC (small-ish, lightweight a plus)
How about the Jeff Rowland?
-
Happy Birthday, Naaman!!!
Happy Birthday, scourge of Vlads and defiler of bathrooms.
-
Chromebook
If you connect via Verizon LTE, it will only cost you $10K to fill that, and another $10K to read it back.
- Happy Birthday, Dan!
-
slower forum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_cow
-
Happy Birthday, Colin!
Let the river dance commence!
-
Happy Birthday, Edwood!
Happy Birthday!
-
Happy Birthday swt61 aka the Tice!
Happy Birthday!
-
Crafting Thread -- Ask Questions About Casework and Whatnot Here ...
This would fit under the "whatnot" portion of this thread. I don't think people here read AA much, but I wanted to point out this suggestion from Dave Slagle (Dave runs Intact Audio) as it is really clever. Really, this is for Ari's benefit. http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/tubediy/messages/21/216416.html
-
Prototypers wanted
Was all Tom's doing. I didn't know he was going to do it until it was done Little adjustments keep reducing it little by little. We prototyped some different PTs that reduced one type of hum, but due to weird core saturation issues, caused a different kind. I have yet another proto sitting here waiting to be tested which I might get to this week. But, the hum is really pretty low. I am alarmist about such things as my test is generally that if I can tell an amp is on, it is too noisy. The Torpedo is to the point where on a very quiet night with no heater/ac/road/tv/etc. noise, you can just tell it is on ... depending on the sensitivity of the headphones. So, the hum is low enough for a $300 amp, but probably not a $2000 one.
-
Prototypers wanted
A little update to the cases ...
-
Part Sourcing Assistance/Advice Thread
For future reference, Digikey no longer has a minimum order requirement, and they will ship small orders via USPS First Class mail. For something like two FETs, the shipping will cost less than $2.
-
Happy Birthday Absorbine_Sr!
Happy Birthday!
-
Happy Birthday jvlgato!
- CanLanta 2013 - May 4th - Atlanta, GA
At the very least, I'll ship some stuff down. If my schedule permits, I'll come. I say call it CanJam Atlanta, too, and see what happens- The DIY Electrostatic amp thread
Just to double check ... This is looking into the front of the jack, and using the Amphenol part from Allied (78-S6S) pin 1 is the bias pin 5 is rt- pin 4 is rt+ pin 3 is lt+ and is the one isolated from the rest pin 2 is lt-- And now what did you do TODAY?
Sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is a terrible thing, but at least you know she had a great life.- Bookshelf speakers/monitors that can take a digital input?
Don't know if they are the same Pioneer speakers, but I had some of their $100 specials for a while -- I got them from woot. They were OK, not great overall, thought they were great for the price point, and probably good for TV. I must have eBay'd them as I don't see the box around here anywhere. I listened to piles of bookshelf speakers, and nothing under $1K (new price) really sounded that great which was disappointing. Some of the paradigms were OKish. I ended up with some small Dynaudios that I got used for a good price. I think they were much better than anything else in their price range.- Bookshelf speakers/monitors that can take a digital input?
What is your budget like? Dynaudio makes such a thing http://dynaudioprofessional.com/air-series/- Happy Birthday Knuckledragger
- CanLanta 2013 - May 4th - Atlanta, GA
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.