Everything posted by dsavitsk
-
WiFi Router Upgrade
2nd Unifi. Our house has all plaster with metal lath, which means every room is a Faraday cage. I ran cable to each floor and have an access point on each level and it works great.
-
What are you listening to Part the Third
- Speaker Porn
I think you are only seeing the bottom half of the window - or else it's an attic room with a low ceiling at the wall. Cinder blocks make excellent speaker stands.- Happy birthday Iain!
- Happy 64th Carl!
- The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.
https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2019/10/winners-of-the-wildlife-photographer-of-the-year-2019/600130/- Tell me which cloud-based data backup service I should get
I was using Crashplan, but they keep adding file types (such as virtual machines and backup files) they will no longer back up. I still like SpiderOak.- RIP someone or another
If only he could give his own eulogy ...- Happy Birthday Wayne!
- Happy Birthday Steve!
- RIP someone or another
Joseph Wilson.- Happy Birthday Jim!
- What are you listening to Part the Third
- Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
Saw the Cardigans in '95 (?) on the Life tour at the Doubledoor in Chicago. I think there were about 50 people there.- Songs You Came Across On Some Streaming Service And Thought Your Head-Case Buds Might Enjoy Too. No Critical Endorsement Implied. Fuck Vevo etc.
I think Live Through This is one of the most underrated albums from the early 90's, and that it is better than any Nirvana album.- What are you reading now?
I am absolutely the opposite. I had to read the Iliad in high school (30 years ago). I got it on tapes and listened to it on high speed and I think it's the only book from that year I remember at all.- Amazon Music HD
I will happily pay an extra $5 to not support Amazon. https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2018/12/25/streaming-music-services-pay-2019/- Happy Birthday Hopstretch!
Happy Birthday!- Ye Macce Threade
My mother stopped by my house the other day. While looking for her key to the back door*, she set her Macbook (2013 MBA I believe) down on the table that was sitting there. Unfortunately, that table turned out to be a tile wetsaw, and she consequently plunged her computer into a water bath. We dried it off and covered it with rice to no avail. The Apple store has declared it dead and sold her a new computer. Fortunately everything important was backed up. But, are there any tips or tricks to either salvaging the computer, or at least to recovering the non-essential stuff that might not have been backed up? * the clear moral here is to not give your mother a key to your house.- And now what did you do TODAY?
Oy. There is a section of our house fed by galvanized plumbing wrapped in "an asbestos like material" that runs through an unreachable crawl space. Redoing it is going to involve demoing much of the entryway which looks like this.- Amplifier porn
I like those, and don't mind the whole thing as an acoustical art installation. But it is a shitty amplifier being sold for a lot of money.- Amplifier porn
The PA system in an 8 room school built in 1920.- Amplifier porn
From the datasheet for those Hammond output transformers: Designed for general purpose or replacement use (not Hi-Fi), in single ended, tube output circuits. Frequency response: 100 Hz. - 15 Khz at full rated power (+/- 1db max. - ref. 1 Khz). For full frequency response (20 Hz. to 20 Khz.) - see our 1627-1642 Series. A single one of those circuits in a plywood case should run you about $400. And be used in a garage system at best.- What are you listening to Part the Third
- What are you listening to Part the Third
I had the unique experience of hearing this album years before hearing their debut and thus being able to judge it on it's own and not in comparison. Not nearly as groundbreaking, but a solid record. - Speaker Porn
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.